Connecting with Google Cloud DNS
We assume you've already created an account for Google Cloud DNS.
- If you have not yet created a project, you must first create one so click on the "CREATE" link.
- In the modal box that will pop up, click on "NEW PROJECT".
- Fill in the form and click on the "CREATE" button.
- Then you will see your project dashboard.
On the left menu, go to APIs & Services/Credentials.
- Click on the “Create credentials” button and then select “Service account key”.
Fill in the form. For “Role” select project->owner. “Key type” should be JSON. When you click on “Create”, you’d download a JSON file. Open it and copy the content.
Connect the DNS Manager Plugin with your Google Cloud DNS
Make sure the DNS Manager plugin is installed and network activated.
- In your network admin screen, navigate to DNS Manager > Settings and click the DNS Provider tab.
- Select Google Cloud DNS as DNS Provider.
- Paste the JSON you copied in the “Service Account JSON” textarea.
- Click "Save Settings".
- A modal pop-up window will appear asking you to copy and paste a line of code into your wp-config.php file. This must be done via FTP.
- One done, click the Check Key button and if everything is ok, you can click the OK button.